Flood Insurance

Just an inch of water in your home can be devastating. More than an inch can be life changing. Flooding is typically excluded on most homeowner policies however this important coverage can be purchased through a federal government program administered by various insurance companies. FIFS can help you determine your flooding exposure, and also purchase this coverage on your behalf. Contact FIFS if you are in a high or low risk flood zone, or if you simply have questions about flooding potential.

Flood Insurance FAQs

Is water damage included on my homeowners policy?

There are some types of water damage covered by a homeowners policy, but general flooding is excluded.

If my finished basement is damaged because of a flood, will my flood insurance cover the damage?

No. Flood insurance only covers damage to the floors above Base Flood Elevation (BFE).

Contact an Advisor








Service Advisor
Last Names A – Det


Service Advisor
Last Names Mar – Ro


Service Advisor
Last Names Ru – Z


Service Advisor
Last Names Deu – Ha


Service Advisor
Last Names He – Man

How can we help?

Other Personal Insurance Options

Homeowners InsuranceAuto InsuranceUmbrella InsuranceAntique Vehicle InsuranceWatercraft InsuranceMotorcycle InsuranceRental InsuranceATV Snowmobile InsuranceDisability InsuranceMotorhome InsuranceMedicare OptionsLife InsuranceFlood InsuranceIndividual Family Health PlansWedding InsuranceLong Term Care Insurance

I get great customer service from the FIFS team. They seem to know how to meet my insurance and investment needs and do it with a smile and prompt service.

Conrad M.


Subscribe to our email newsletter!

FIFS Response to COVID-19

FIFS is staffed and ready to answer your phone calls and emails.

Client meetings are available in multiple formats.

Our front door has an after-hours drop-box for your convenience however no payments should be placed in the drop-box.