Rental Property Insurance

Have you diversified your retirement portfolio by investing in one or more rental properties? These require additional care and maintenance, similar to your home. FIFS can help you navigate some of the complexities of insuring these properties in order to maximize the return on your rental investment.

Rental Property Insurance FAQs

Should I include any restrictions in the lease agreements I have with my tenants?

Yes. We recommend the following be included in your lease agreement:

  • Annual proof of a tenant-homeowners policy
  • Annual proof of a tenant-homeowners policy
  • Liability coverage of at least $300,000/occurrence
  • No dogs or pets
  • No smoking
  • No pools
  • No trampolines
  • No boarding of multiple persons or families
  • No water beds
  • No skateboard ramps
My rental property has a finished basement. Do I need extra coverage for it?

Yes. If the building’s drain lines are connected to a public sewer system, water backup from that system could cause water damage.  The basement could also suffer water damage if the sump pump fails. The “Sewers, Drains, and Sumps Endorsement” can be purchased if it is not already included in the dwelling fire policy. It’s not required, but this coverage is important for a finished basement.

Contact an Advisor








Service Advisor
Last Names A – Det


Service Advisor
Last Names Mar – Ro


Service Advisor
Last Names Ru – Z


Service Advisor
Last Names Deu – Ha


Service Advisor
Last Names He – Man

How can we help?

Other Personal Insurance Options

Homeowners InsuranceAuto InsuranceUmbrella InsuranceAntique Vehicle InsuranceWatercraft InsuranceMotorcycle InsuranceRental InsuranceATV Snowmobile InsuranceDisability InsuranceMotorhome InsuranceMedicare OptionsLife InsuranceFlood InsuranceIndividual Family Health PlansWedding InsuranceLong Term Care Insurance

I get great customer service from the FIFS team. They seem to know how to meet my insurance and investment needs and do it with a smile and prompt service.

Conrad M.


Subscribe to our email newsletter!

FIFS Response to COVID-19

FIFS is staffed and ready to answer your phone calls and emails.

Client meetings are available in multiple formats.

Our front door has an after-hours drop-box for your convenience however no payments should be placed in the drop-box.